Tuesday, August 9, 2011

IT'S A GIRL!!!

It's a GIRL!!!!
Yup, that's right! We are having a little girl! Totally surprised! I was convinced we were having a little boy, but our little girl was not shy and sure let her mommy know to stop refering to her as a he and him! Our doctors are amazing. Today we met with Dr. Bean. Before he told us he made us promise that we would listen to the rest of the important stuff. He didn't say a word and just typed "FEMALE" on the screen. I was so surprised! I'm pretty sure a "REALLY?!" came out of me. He said, "Were you expecting a boy?" I told him that my maternal instinct must be way off and that I've been calling it a him and he since I found out! He just laughed and said that he's sure she will forgive me. We continued on with the appointment and everything looked good! Her heart and brain, and organs, and EVERYTHING look great! I am so happy that she's is developing healthily and is doing well. While she wasn't shy in telling us she is a she, she wasn't so excited to show us her little face. She was tucked up in a little ball, so we don't have a good picture of her, but we did get to see her little hands and feet - I am glad to report she has all of her fingers! Eric and I are thrilled! We can't wait to have this little girl! However, it's fun having her bump around inside my belly. Eric finally felt her for the first time last night-it's so AWESOME!

These are just some baby belly pictures from the last couple of weeks.

19 weeks

20 weeks

21 weeks

22 weeks today

Some weeks I look more pregnant than others...I don't know what makes a difference. But there you are! Me and my little girl!



5 comments:

  1. waahooo for baby girls!! gaahhh i am sooo excited!! that means our girls are gonna be bestest friends!! waahooo i love you hill!!! i am sosososo happy and excited for you guys!!! and yes it is nice to see all fingers and toes :) and my babe was curled in a ball to the little stink haha i love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look super cute Hil! I am so excited to have my little red haired, blue eyed niece running around! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! So exciting! You definitely have the pregnancy glow about you, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has always been my dream to have a little girl with red hair and name her Lucy (from "I Love Lucy" of course)! Sooooooooo excited for this little girl to come! You are definitely looking pregnant now!

    ReplyDelete