Sunday, August 7, 2011

Our First "Jam" Session

My cute friend/co-worker, Tori, has three apricot trees in her back yard. If you have ever owned a house with an apricot tree you know how much those things produce! She brought her new baby into work, and brought with her a bag of apricots and invited us all to come pick as many as we want! So after work, Eric and I went over to pick some...and to have an excuse to see her brand new baby... and came home with a few bags. My mom has always made homemade apricot jam and I decided that it's something that I would like to keep up the tradition of doing, because if you have had homemade you know that store bought is just not the same!

Yes, I have a cute husband who will make jam with me :0) ...and do the part I don't like to do...



Eric calls this my Pirate Face...


For those of you who don't know Eric, he worked at a Pizza place for years and is passionate about pizza. He got bored and started to show off his dough throwing skills...so I put him back to work...


While this stuff looks likes just a pot of mush...it BURNS...


"Muscles" sealing the jars.

Jars just sealing. My prayers were answered and eventually the jam set into jam and not syrup!

I had to throw this one on here, just because I LOVE this kids FACE!

Overall, I would say that our first jam session was a success! I just don't know how my mom did it with 4 kids running around. I had Eric's help and no kids bugging me and I still came out with a few battle wounds! Apparently moulten apricot travels a lot further than I thought and burns like nothing else. SO here's to my mom for being amazing! I just don't know how she did it sometimes!

1 comment:

  1. I have a big problem with this post because you aren't using Kerr jars. What's wrong with you?????

    Send us some jam! Seriously, I really do want some homemade jam!

    ReplyDelete