Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Solution to All Our Problems...Or Maybe Just One...

So the other night I was sitting on the couch in the living room studying while my awesome husband who had done all the laundry including our bedsheets that day was in the bedroom making our bed. All of the sudden I hear "BERT!!!" (for those of you who don't know this is Eric's favorite nickname for me derived from my other nickname "Hilbert"-don't ask me where it came from, and don't ask him because he doesn't know either haha) "I have a solution to our problem!" I was confused because I didn't wasn't aware that we had a problem. He comes marching out with a big smile on his face and this picture....
...Ever since we've been married Eric and I have had a really hard time finding a happy medium between hot and cold. I have always been way too hot and Eric freezes at night, a little backward from the normal couple, right? So, the solution? Eric made the bed so that it's split in half, I get the thinner quilt and he gets the thick down comforter...as seen in the above picture. (You can also see that we really need a bed skirt...how embarrassing!)

I knew I married that man for a reason!!!

3 comments:

  1. Didn't Jared and Robbie call you Hilbert? Or was that like Hildigaurd or something random like that? Anyway, I'm glad that you have solved the too hot/cold issue, I just hope that the issue doesn't resurface with the cold weather coming in a month or so.

    Keep up your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey at least you have a. owned a mattress and b. had it off the floor for the better part of your marriage! That's a step up from us, although thankfully we do have a bedskirt or it would look terrible too. Funny how creative husbands can be when it comes to the important things in life! Agree with Katherine, keep up the blog, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha hill that is so funny!!! ohh how i love you and miss you lots!! i just still laugh at the day when we had church together and eric randomly says, whoah i was just thinking about cheese its hahaha and kb about died laughing haha i love you and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete